NOTICE REGARDING FIREWORKS
With upcoming 4th of July celebrations we would like to remind Berwick residents of the following.
Consumers can now purchase and use “Class C” or “consumer-grade” fireworks that include firecrackers, Roman candles, bottle rockets, and similar fireworks that contain a maximum of 50 milligrams of explosive material.
“Display fireworks,” which are classified as including salutes that contain more than two grains or 130 milligrams of explosive materials, and professional-grade aerial shells containing more than 60 grams of pyrotechnic compositions, are still only to be used by professionals with a permit from the municipality where the display will take place.
State Law provides the following restrictions apply to the use of fireworks.
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Furthermore the Borough Ordinance 99-3 regarding Noise Disturbances is still in effect and the use of fireworks on Borough owned property and parks is prohibited.
During your celebrations please stay safe and be courteous to your neighbors.