Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the police department provide me with a copy of my criminal history for employment purposes, etc.?
- Does the police department do fingerprinting services?
- Where do I pay a traffic citation issued to me by Berwick Police?
- Where do I pay a parking ticket?
- How do I get a copy of a police report for my insurance company?
- What number do I call if I need a police officer to respond to any situation?
- What hours is the police department open?
No. For all criminal history requests citizens must go to this Pennsylvania State Police website: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp or contact the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) Helpdesk at 1-888-783-7972.
No. Fingerprinting is now done at the Columbia County Prison.
A traffic citation should be paid within 10 days and mailed to: Magisterial District Court (26-3-02), 339 West Front Street Berwick, PA 18603.
Near the main entrance to the police department is a parking ticket box. Citizens can place the ticket with exact change in the box or see the police clerk.
Request that your insurance company contact the police department. This will expedite the situation if the department deals directly with the insurance company, thus saving citizens time and work.
Too often citizens call the police department to report incidents that need a police response. The Borough of Berwick Police Department police clerks do not dispatch calls for service. Only the 911 Center dispatches calls for service. Calling the Berwick Police Department when you need an officer only slows down the response time. Always call 911 for any emergency. When citizens are requesting a police response for non-emergencies they should call (570) 784-6300.
The police department is operational twenty-four hours a day, seven days per week, every day of the year. However, police clerks only provide counter service between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Borough Building is closed for counter service on all legal holidays.